This post may contain affiliate links.
Little ones will enjoy this Little Red Riding Hood printable story pack. Twenty pages of early math and literacy activities to keep your students engaged!
This printable pack is geared toward kids in preschool – grade 1. Each activity focuses on early literacy and beginning math skills.
Once you’ve complete all of the activities in this pack, or if you’ve got slightly older students, be sure to check out my other Little Red Riding Hood story pack.
Little Red Riding Hood Printable
After reading Little Red Riding Hood, let your little ones choose one or more of the Little Red Riding Hood teaching ideas and activities I shared last week.
Then complete the FREE Little Red Riding Hood printable I’ve created just for your young learners!
Versions of Little Red Riding Hood
Fill your book basket with a great collection of Little Red Riding Hood variations. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them on Amazon by clicking the images below.
Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten! – OF COURSE you think I did a horrible thing by eating Little Red Riding Hood and her granny. You don’t know the other side of the story. Well, let me tell you…
Red Riding Hood – Red Riding Hood encounters an urbane wolf on the way to her sick grandmother’s house.
Ninja Red Riding Hood – His craving for meat sends Wolf to classes at the dojo, and soon he’s ready to try out his new moves. A little girl and her tiny granny should be easy targets—right?
This is a great companion to a girl or boys paper doll set or can be used on its own. Kids will love being able to play out the complete story of Little Red Riding Hood with this set.
Kids love story telling using finger puppets. And what better story to put in a felt play set than the famous Little Red Riding Hood. Your little ones can reenact all the scenes using the finger puppets characters and tell the story in their own unique way.
Grab Your Little Red Riding Hood Story Printable
I love this free printable featuring Little Red Riding Hood. Your preschoolers and kindergarteners will enjoy all the fun learning activities you’ll find inside.
Inside this fun learning pack, you’ll find:
- a book list featuring 10 fun versions of the story
- counting cards – perfect for counting and one-to-one correspondence
- clip cards – identify the missing numbers in each group
- roll and color – roll the dice, color the images, race to the top!
- I Spy – count the images on the I Spy board and record the number on the recording page
- read it, write it – read the sentence, color the sentence, trace the sentence, and write it
- color by letter
- coloring page – color the page and write the word
- w is for – write the letter and color the images that begin with that letter
- writing prompt – write a sentence about a wolf
- label it – read the words and use them to label the wolf
- letter hunt – color the boxes with the featured letter
- word card – use these for retelling the story
Glenda Cates says
We will be using these resources this week in our classroom and I can’t wait to get started. Thank you for compiling and creating this post for us.