This post may contain affiliate links.
Alice is a Temporary Fairy who still has a lot to learn. She will make kids laugh as they identify with her desire to make “magic” happen and again as her attempts fall short. Engage students with this 24-page activity pack based on David Shannon’s Alice the Fairy.
Extend the story by digging deeper with the following activities:
- Comprehension Questions – circle the picture that finishes each sentence
- Picture Cards – to help with spelling and storytelling
- Report Form – kids will write about Alice the Fairy
- Writing Prompt – kids will describe their three wishes
- Story Maps – describe characters, setting, problem, and solution
- Story Summary – retell the story
- Venn Diagrams – children will compare themselves to Alice and their home to Alice’s home
- Story Sequence – put story images in order
- Maze – help Alice find her wand
- Decorate your own fairy wand.
- Making Words – how many words can kids make with the letters in Alice the Fairy
- ABC Order – order words from the story
- Beginning Sounds – glue images on the correct beginning sound
- Handwriting Practice – Aa, Cc, and Ww
- Sight Word Hunt – hunt for the word “the”
What others are saying:
• I used this during my guided reading for a book study. The kids loved it! Rebecca P.