This post may contain affiliate links.
Little Red Riding Hood is such a fun classic story. Some of the versions of this story are a little scarier than others, however. If you have a sensitive child be sure to preview the book before you read it to them or hand it to them to read on their own. I suggest doing the same for any video versions you may choose to view.
With that being said, this is such a fun story to act out. There are so many learning opportunities to take from Little Red Riding Hood. You can discuss stranger danger, caring for the elderly, being honest, and more. I hope you enjoy these Little Red Riding Hood printables and all the hands-on activities I’ve found for you!
Little Red Riding Hood Activities
After reading Little Red Riding Hood with your students and completing some of the activity pages in the printable featured below, choose one or more of the activities below to bring the story to life.
- Let your little ones create a storybook masterpiece.
- Make a paper plate wolf.
- Create a Little Red Riding Hood sensory bin.
- Feeling crafty? How about making some Red Riding Hood peg dolls?
- Make some TP roll Red Riding Hood figures for retelling the story.
- Your older kiddos might enjoy making a story box.
- Gather some household items to create a storytelling basket with props.
- These free printable finger puppets are perfect for acting out the story.
- Little Red Riding Hood Engineering Challenge
- Little Red Riding Hood small world sensory play
Red Riding Hood Story Books
You can find these books at your local library or bookstore. If not, you can order them on Amazon by clicking the images below.
Snacks and Treats
After reading red velvet cupcakes, your little ones might enjoy a tasty treat. Here are some “red” ideas:
- apples, strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, red grapes
- red jello
- red velvet cupcakes
- red velvet popcorn
- red peppers, cherry tomatoes
Grab Your Little Red Riding Hood Printables
This fun Little Red Riding Hood printables pack is great for grades K-2! It’s packed full of fun learning activities. Inside this free printable, you will find the following learning activities:
- ABC order
- Sight word hunt
- Handwriting practice
- and more!
More Red Riding Hood Fun
The items below can be used to extend the fun. If you can’t find them at a local store, you can order them from Amazon by clicking the images below.