This post may contain affiliate links.
These printable The Day the Crayons Quit activities such a fun way to extend the learning when you read this book with your students.
What would your kids do if their crayons came to life? What if they came to life to say they quit? That’s exactly what happened to Duncan in The Day the Crayons Quit!
Join the fun as Duncan reads letters from each of his crayons explaining why they quit and discover how Duncan decides to make everyone happy.
These no-prep book-based activities are perfect for preschool and kindergarten students. They’re going to love this story, and you can sneak in some learning with these fun book-based worksheets.
The Day the Crayons Quit
These print-and-go The Day the Crayons Quit printables are perfect for kids in preschool and kindergarten. They’ll love digging into the story with these activities.
After reading The Day the Crayons Quit with your little ones and completing some of the activity pages below, choose one or more of these activities to bring the story to life.
• Try this simple color sorting activity for toddlers and preschoolers.
• Teach your little ones these 10 preschool songs about color.
• Set up these sort and count bottles, and your little ones can practice counting to ten as they drop pom poms into the correct bottle.
• I love this sorting colors activity which features real-world items that kids are familiar with.
• Feed the LEGO Monster: Any activity is fun when you add LEGOs. This color sorting activity is no exception.
• A nature color hunt is perfect all year long.
• Rainbow playdoh color match & stick is a fun fine motor activity for young learners!
Books about colors
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about colors. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
- My Very First Book of Colors
- Harold and the Purple Crayon
- Mix It Up!
- Monsters Love Colors
- The Day the Crayons Came Home
- The Crayon Box That Talked
- A Day with No Crayons
The Day the Crayons Quit Book Companion
This fun 20-page packet is full of activities for your preschooler and kindergartener. Inside, you’ll find the following activities for your little learners:
• Color and write: Color the picture and trace the word
• Color-by-numbers: 3 images to color
• Color words: Color the crayons according to the label.
• Draw a picture with your favorite color, and write (or dictate) a sentence about it.
• Letter hunt: Find the Letter C.
• Writing practice: Write the letter Cc and the color words.
• Syllables: How many syllables are in the color words?
• Color the items: Each page features a colored crayon, the color word, and 4 images to color.
DOWNLOAD YOUR PRINTABLES
This preschool book companion is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.