This post may contain affiliate links.
This set of free Pete the Cat First Thanksgiving read aloud printables is perfect for preschool and kindergarten students to use in November.
These book-based printables are meant to make learning fun and engaging for students without adding extra work for teachers.
The worksheets give kids an opportunity to practice counting to ten, focus on beginning sounds, and more with their favorite blue cat.
Pete the Cat the First Thanksgiving by Kimberly and James Dean is a fun picture book for ages 4+. Kids will love the lift-the-flap style of this book that helps kids celebrate the true meaning of Thanksgiving with Pete.
Starring in your school’s Thanksgiving play would make even the coolest cat nervous, including Pete the Cat! But the show must go on….– Amazon Book Summary
If you don’t have a copy of Pete the Cat the First Thanksgiving on hand, you can show the video below to your students before moving on to the activities.
Pete the Cat First Thanksgiving Read Aloud Printables
These print-and-go Pete the Cat printables are perfect for preschool and kindergarten students. They’ll love digging into the story with these math and literacy worksheets.
preparing the worksheets
All you need to do to prepare these worksheets is print them out! It’s that easy.
However, if you’d like to make them reusable, you can laminate them after printing them out.
Then, kids can can complete the pages with a dry erase marker.
using the worksheets
This worksheet pack contains fourteen pages that focus on various math, literacy, and motor skills.
You can provide your students with a coloring page to complete while you read the story aloud. Or, you can use the pages for follow-up activities after you read.
what’s included in the printable?
Your students will enjoy these fun learning activities. In this free printable pack, you will find the following activities:
• Color and Trace: Children will color the picture and trace the word at the bottom of the page. This pack includes coloring pages for Pete the Cat and the Mayflower.
• Counting: Students will count the dots in the turkey ten frames and identify the correct number.
• Color Words: Kids read the color words and color the Pilgrim hat accordingly.
• Handwriting Practice: Learners will trace letters and words such as Pp/Pete, Tt/turkey, and Mm/Mayflower.
• Dab It: Use bingo markers to build the letters P for Pete, P for Pilgrim, and N for Native American.
• Beginning Sounds: Focus on /t/ and cut/paste images that begin with that sound.
• Tracing Practice: Students will trace lines from left to right.
Below, I’ve featured a handful of Pete the Cat books your kids are sure to love!
You should be able to find them at your local library or bookstore. If you can’t find them locally, you can click each image cover to purchase them on Amazon.
More Book Companions to Enjoy
- The Halloween House Book Counting
- If You Take a Mouse to School Printables
- The Gingerbread Man Loose On the Fire Truck Printable
Do you smell that? Is it fall or your new pumpkin pie play dough kit. This homemade pumpkin scented play dough kit is perfect as a party favor, holiday goody bag or even a fun activity at home.
Welcome autumn and encourage creativity in your children with this fall-themed felt creations busy bag. Practice counting and exploring patterns as you put on the turkey’s feathers.
Download Your Printables
This Pete the Cat printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.
Susan Appleton says
Wow, this looks like great fun! Thank you for sharing!
Amy Davis says
Thank you for sharing this! My granddaughter loves Pete the cat books!