This post may contain affiliate links.
Laura Numeroff is one of my favorite children’s book authors. Her If You Give… series quickly became a family favorite after we read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie years ago.
Kids tend to enjoy the predictable text and the simple illustrations. Educators tend to love the multitude of teaching opportunities presented within each book.
if you give a moose a muffin activities
After reading the story with your students and kids, choose a fun snack and a craft to extend the experience. The free If You Give a Moose a Muffin printables featured below goes right along with the story. The activities pull out some of the fun aspects of this book.
give a moose a muffin hands-on activities
After reading If You Give a Moose a Muffin with your students and completing some of the activity pages featured below, choose one or more of these hands-on activities to bring the story to life.
- Kids can create their own sock puppets just like Moose did.
- No read-through is complete without making a batch of muffins.
- Whip up a batch of Moose Tracks Trail Mix for an afternoon snack.
- These moose puppets are perfect for retelling the story.
- Reinforce the letter M with a craft stick moose.
RELATED STORY BOOKS
You can find these books at your local library or bookstore. If not, you can order them on Amazon by clicking the links provided.
GRAB YOUR Give a moose a muffin FREEBIE
Your students will enjoy these fun learning activities. In this free printable pack, you will find the following activities:
- Sequencing: Students will cut and paste the items from the story.
- Maze: Help the moose find his muffin.
- Moose fact chart: Share these facts about the moose.
- Moose report form: After doing a little research, kids can fill out this report form.
- Writing page: Kids can use this page to record information about moose or to write a creative story.
- M is for…: Color all of the pictures that start with the letter M.
- My “M” Words: Kids can write words that begin with the letter M.
- Syllables: Say the name of each picture and count the syllables.
- ABC order: Write the words in ABC order to the first letter.
- Writing prompt: Would a moose make a good pet?