This post may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking for If you Give a Moose a Muffin activities? Here is a great collection of activities and printables to use with your students.
Laura Numeroff is one of my favorite children’s book authors. Her If You Give… series quickly became a family favorite after we read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie years ago.
Kids tend to enjoy the predictable text and the simple illustrations. Educators tend to love the multitude of teaching opportunities presented within each book.
if you give a moose a muffin activities
After reading the story with your students and kids, choose a fun snack and a craft to extend the experience.
The free If You Give a Moose a Muffin printables featured below goes right along with the story. The activities pull out some of the fun aspects of this book.
Here’s a fun video of the book being read aloud. If you have enough books for everyone in the room, they can listen and follow along. If not, just let them enjoy the video.
Fun Connections to Make with the Story
• Moose: Moose are fun animals to study. Discover where they live, what they eat, and more. Use the report page in my printable to record information.
• Cooking : Get your kids in the kitchen to make a batch of muffins. You can make some muffins from scratch, or buy a premade mix. Either way, kids of all ages will love making and eating a fun snack.
• Making Jam: Kids can pick (or buy) fruit and make their own jam.
• Beginning Sewing: Kids can practice sewing skills with lacing cards or by simply sewing buttons on a sock puppet.
give a moose a muffin hands-on activities
After reading If You Give a Moose a Muffin with your students and completing some of the activity pages featured below, choose one or more of these hands-on activities to bring the story to life.
• Kids can create their own sock puppets just like Moose did. This sock puppet kit comes with materials to make two different sock puppets. Your puppet maker can decide if he/she is making a boy, girl, dog, alien, or a design created by them.
• No read-through is complete without making a batch of muffins.
• These moose puppets are perfect for retelling the story.
• Reinforce the letter M with a craft stick moose.
• These adorable large feltie friends are great to touch, feel and play along with story telling. They are made of soft acrylic felt, and pair perfectly with this story.
RELATED STORY BOOKS
Fill your book basket with more books by Laura Numeroff. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
DOWNLOAD YOUR PRINTABLES
Your students will enjoy these fun learning activities. In this free printable pack, you will find the following activities:
• Sequencing: Students will cut and paste the items from the story.
• Maze: Help the moose find his muffin.
• Moose fact chart: Share these facts about the moose.
• Moose report form: After doing a little research, kids can fill out this report form.
• Writing page: Kids can use this page to record information about moose or to write a creative story.
• M is for…: Color all of the pictures that start with the letter M.
• My “M” Words: Kids can write words that begin with the letter M.
• Syllables: Say the name of each picture and count the syllables.
• ABC order: Write the words in ABC order to the first letter.
• Writing prompt: Would a moose make a good pet?
This If You Give a Moose a Muffin printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.