This post may contain affiliate links.
Don’t miss these printable Three Billy Goats Gruff activities! They focus on colors, alphabet, and math with a fun farm theme. Perfect for your book-based lessons.
Do you ever use voices when you read to your kids? My boys used to love listening to me read the Three Billy Goats Gruff when they were younger.
There’s just something about the goats trip-tramping across the bridge that got them giggling every time. Then, when the troll came along (with me speaking in a low, troll-ish voice), they’d get to laughing even more.
If your little ones love the Three Billy Goats Gruff, as well, they’ll love these hands-on activities that go along with the story. And, they’ll love the printable I created to go along with the story!
Three Billy Goats Gruff Printables
Fun connections to make with the story:
• Goats: Learn about goats and the way they live. Share facts with your kids. Visit a local farm, if possible, to see goats up close.
• Three: Have your kids listen for things that happen three times. The troll stops the goats three times. The goats trip-trap across the bridge. What else happens three times?
• Position words (prepositions): Introduce position words/prepositions. Over, under, on, and across are mentioned in this story.
Variations of The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Fill your book basket with a great collection of Three Billy Goats Gruff stories.. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
After reading The Three Billy Goats Gruff with your little ones and completing some of the activity pages below, choose one or more of the activities to bring the story to life.
• Make a paper plate billy goat.
• Create an invitation to retell the story with playdough and props.
• Make a story telling basket.
• Let your kids try retelling the story with LEGOs.
• Blocks make a great bridge for retelling the story.
• Three Billy Goats Gruff sensory bin
• Kids will LOVE creating their own pet trolls!
• Easy toilet roll billy goats
• Turn a kleenex box into a stage for a puppet show.
• Finger Puppets – Contains four finger puppets and a book
• Felt Board – The felt figures can be used on any flannel board. This is the ideal collection for teachers and parents to share and learn together with their children. Provides an upright learning center for children to maintain attention and focus.
Grab the Three billy goats gruff worksheets!
This pack of Three Billy Goats Gruff free printables is only available to my readers. Click the button below to purchase your book companion today!
[…] Pair this worksheet with these Three Billy Goats Gruff activities. […]