This post may contain affiliate links.
Students will love these printable The Great Thanksgiving Escape activities! They’re the perfect supplement for your November reading lessons!
These no-prep book-based activities are perfect for elementary-aged kids. They’re going to love this relatable story, and you can sneak in some learning with these fun holiday worksheets.
Don’t miss these free printables! They’re perfect for your Thanksgiving or turkey-themed lesson plans!
The Great Thanksgiving Escape Activities
These print-and-go The Great Thanksgiving Escape printables are perfect for kids in early elementary grades.
They’ll love digging into the story with these activities.
Kids of all ages will love these hands-on activities, and they’re perfect for helping them engage with the story.
When reading The Great Thanksgiving Escape, you can add one of more of these activities to your to-do list:
• Are you looking for a fun Thanksgiving craft to do with your kids? Try this Thanksgiving paper turkey craft.
• Looking for a fun activity to help strengthen fine motor skills? This Thanksgiving cutting activity is just what you need!
• This set of free Pete the Cat First Thanksgiving read aloud printables is perfect for preschool and kindergarten students to use in November.
The Great Thanksgiving Escape Book Companion
Kids will love diving into this relatable story of two cousins trying to escape the family on Thanksgiving Day.
These print-and-go worksheets will help you do just that.
• Story Sequencing – Kids can write about the beginning, middle, and end of the story.
• Story Elements – On this page, kids can describe the story’s characters, setting, problem, and solution.
• Writing Prompts – Kids can draw and write a creative story about their own Thanksgiving adventure.
• Favorite Part – Draw and write about their favorite part of the story.
• Word Search – Kids will find twelve story-related words in the word search grid.
BOOKS ABOUT THANKSGIVING
Fill your book basket with a great collection of Thanksgiving picture books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
How to Catch a Turkey – A turkey is running loose in a school right before a Thanksgiving play. Can YOU help catch it? Follow along as students turn their school upside down trying to catch the turkey, ending with a twist that ensures no turkeys are harmed (or eaten!).
Turkey Trouble – Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey? What if he looks like another animal instead?
10 Fat Turkeys – Girls and boys will gobble up this hilarious story about ten goofy turkeys and their silly antics: swinging from a vine, strutting on a boar, doing a noodle dance, and more.
Do you smell that? Is it fall or your new pumpkin pie play dough kit. This homemade pumpkin scented play dough kit is perfect as a party favor, holiday goody bag or even a fun activity at home.
Welcome autumn and encourage creativity in your children with this fall-themed felt creations busy bag. Practice counting and exploring patterns as you put on the turkey’s feathers.
Download Your Printables
These holiday book printables is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.