This post may contain affiliate links.
Raindrop Plop is a great book to read to little ones on a rainy day. Try a few of these Raindrop Plop activities and printables to extend the fun!
I don’t know what the weather has been like in your neck of the woods, but we have had quite a long period of rainy days. These types of days are perfect for reading books like Raindrop, Plop! with your little ones.
Raindrop, Plop! Activities
After you’ve read the story with your children, choose a fun craft and a snack to extend the experience. The free printable featured below goes right along with the story and pulls out some of the fun learning aspects of the book.
After reading Raindrop, Plop! with your students and completing some of the activity pages featured below, choose one or more of these hands-on activities to bring the story to life.
• 3D Umbrella Rainy Day Card for kids to make
• This raining cloud craft will look cute hanging on the wall.
• Making a rain cloud in a jar is a great way to explore weather with your preschoolers and young learners. They’ll see up close how clouds make rain.
RAINY DAY PICTURE BOOKS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of rainy day picture books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Singing in the Rain – Jump in puddles, raise umbrellas, and dance with joy through the pages of this visual story.
The Rainy Day – A group of children taking a walk introduce the concept of rain and its effects on some plants, animals, and the soil.
Rainy Day Magic – It’s a rainy day, boring as can be, until Victor and Joey decide to make their own fun. Soon chairs turn into castles, bumblebees turn into tigers, and whales and starfish frolic in a watery kingdom.
SNACKS AND TREATS
These snacks and treats are super fun and go perfectly with a rainy day theme.
• This rainy day healthy snack includes blueberry rain clouds, cheese raindrops, and a tortilla umbrella.
• Mix up a batch of tasty lemon drop cookie umbrellas.
• Fancy up your child’s lunch plate with a rainy day snack that includes an apple umbrella, berry rain, and a cloud sandwich.
Grab Your Freebie
Your students will enjoy these fun learning activities. In this free printable pack, you will find the following activities:
• -op word family practice
• counting practice
• letter hunt
• phonics practice
• color pages
• and more!