This post may contain affiliate links.
Here is a fantastic DIY monster bookmark craft for kids. This tutorial is complete with pictures, instructions, and a free printable template.
This craft is a great opportunity to mix art and literacy while encouraging kids to read. Making an origami corner bookmark is an easy craft idea for kids, and these monster bookmarks are super cute.
They’re perfect for allowing your kids to mark their spots in their favorite monster chapter books!
Monster Bookmark Craft
With just a few simple craft supplies, your students will be all set to create this fun origami corner bookmark!
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Do
1. To begin, select a color for your monster and choose a square paper of origami paper in that color. Turn the paper diagonally.
2. Fold the paper in half by bringing the top point downwards over the bottom point to create a triangular shape.
3. Now take one flap from the middle point of the triangle, and bring it upwards. Fold it there.
4. Now, bring the left and right point downwards, and fold it there.
5. Tuck both pointed sides into the top pocket we created in STEP 3.
6. Cut out the eyes for the monster using the templates. You can find the template at the bottom of this post.
7. Glue both eyes on the upper side of the bookmark.
8. Then again use the template to cut out the teeth of the monster.
9. Glue the teeth slightly inside the pocket. It will make it look neater.
10. Then, once again, use the template to cut out the tongue shape for the monster.
11. Glue the tongue inside the pocket behind the teeth we glued previously.
12. Finally, cut out the eyebrows, and glue them on the top of the eyes to finish off the monster bookmark.
>>Download the monster bookmark template here.<<
Enhance Your Activity Time
The Little Monsters arts and crafts kits for kids introduces the timeless art of sewing and encourages imagination and creativity. Children feel so proud to complete each project. Creates friendship, bonding and hours of fun while learning a timeless skill
Creating is fun! This DIY Monster Paper Craft set is a perfect touch to many occasions – as a birthday party game, as a classroom crafts, as a card to send to your friends.
This Halloween, fill your book basket with this marvelous collection of monster books for preschoolers! Your kids will want to read them all month long.