This post may contain affiliate links.
Focus on early math and literacy skills when you add these Bad Kitty Does NOT Like Thanksgiving activities to your November literacy lessons.
These no-prep book-based activity pages make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving activities and lesson plans throughout the month of November.
Kids love this story, and you can extend the learning with these fun worksheets.
Bad Kitty Does Not Like Thanksgiving is a fun holiday book for preschoolers. The short sentences and silly pictures are sure to engage your little ones this holiday season.
Don’t have a copy of the book on hand? No problem! Share this video read-aloud with your kids before moving on to the activities featured below.
Bad Kitty Does Not Like Thanksgiving Activities
These print-and-go Kitty Does Not Like Thanksgiving printables are perfect for preschool and kindergarten kiddos. They’ll love digging into the story with these activities.
More thanksgiving fun
Preschool and kindergarten children will love these hands-on activities, and they’re perfect for helping little ones engage with the story.
When reading Bad Kitty Does Not Like Thanksgiving, you can add one of more of these activities to your to-do list:
• Little ones will love making this adorable toilet paper roll turkey craft with your preschoolers.
• Looking for a fun activity to help strengthen fine motor skills? This Thanksgiving cutting activity is just what you need!
• This set of free Pete the Cat First Thanksgiving read aloud printables is perfect for preschool and kindergarten students to use in November.
bad kitty does not like thanksgiving book companion
Kids ages 3-7 will love diving into the story of Kitty and his favorite Thanksgiving food. These print-and-go worksheets will help you do just that.
• Color and Trace – Color the pictures of Kitty and his favorite Thanksgiving food. Then, trace the words at the bottom of each page.
• Color Words – Read the color words and color the kitties accordingly.
• Letter Tracing – Trace the letters and words. Color the picture, if desired. Letters featured include Tt and Kk.
• Draw It – Kids will draw a picture of their favorite Thanksgiving food.
• Tracing – Trace the uppercase alphabet, lowercase alphabet, and numbers from 1-20.
• Dab It – Use dot markers to build each letter. Then, color the picture. Letters featured include t and k.
• Label It – Trace the words to label Kitty.
• Beginning Sounds – Cut and paste the objects that begin with t and k.
• Tracing – Trace the lines from left to right.
• Cutting – Cut on the dotted lines from the bottom of the page to the top.
• Cut and Paste – Color, cut, and paste the images from largest to smallest.
BOOKS ABOUT THANKSGIVING
Fill your book basket with a great collection of Thanksgiving picture books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
How to Catch a Turkey – A turkey is running loose in a school right before a Thanksgiving play. Can YOU help catch it? Follow along as students turn their school upside down trying to catch the turkey, ending with a twist that ensures no turkeys are harmed (or eaten!).
Turkey Trouble – Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey? What if he looks like another animal instead?
10 Fat Turkeys – Girls and boys will gobble up this hilarious story about ten goofy turkeys and their silly antics: swinging from a vine, strutting on a boar, doing a noodle dance, and more.
Do you smell that? Is it fall or your new pumpkin pie play dough kit. This homemade pumpkin scented play dough kit is perfect as a party favor, holiday goody bag or even a fun activity at home.
Welcome autumn and encourage creativity in your children with this fall-themed felt creations busy bag. Practice counting and exploring patterns as you put on the turkey’s feathers.
Bad Kitty FREE PRINTABLES
These holiday printables are sure to be a hit with your young learners. Click the box below, enter your email information, and download your mini-book companion.