This post may contain affiliate links.
Celebrate National Aviation History Month with an Amelia Earhart unit study! This printable pack is perfect for your students in grades K-2.
Amelia Earhart was an aviation pioneer. She was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. She was born in July 1897, and she disappeared in July 1937 while flying over the Pacific Ocean.
AMELIA EARHART UNIT STUDY
I’ve compiled a great list of hands-on activities and books to kick-start your Amelia Earhart unit study. In addition, I’ve got a great printable for you to print out and use alongside the activities featured below.
If you’ve got a student who loves aviation or you plan to teach about Amelia Earhart this year, this Amelia Earhart unit study will be the perfect addition to your lesson plans.
After reading several books about Amelia Earhart and airplanes (see my list below) with your students, choose one or more of the activities below to bring the books to life.
• Kids can build their own clothespin airplanes.
• This airplane piggy bank is a unique craft idea.
• The Flight of Amelia Earhart at Scholastic
• Make a Cardboard Airplane at Small Fry Blog
• Airplane Crafts at First-School
• Watch the Magic School Bus: Taking Flight video.
ENHANCE YOUR LESSONS
If you’re looking for more fun for your Amelia Earhart learning plans, check out my top picks from Amazon!
AMELIA EARHART BOOKS
There are so many different Amelia Earhart books for kids. Here are just a few to get you started. You should be able to find them at your local library. If not, you can purchase them on Amazon by clicking the images below.
BOOKS ABOUT AIRPLANES
GRAB YOUR DOWNLOAD
This free printable is packed with tons of fun activities for kiddos in grades K-2.
In this fun printable pack, you’ll find the following activity pages:
• KWL chart: Kids will record what they know, what they want to learn, and what they’ve learned.
• Poster: Features facts about Amelia Earhart
• Fast Facts: Kids will record what they have learned and a question they’d ask Amelia Earhart if they met her in person.
• Notebooking pages for airplanes and Amelia Earhart
• Writing prompt
• Important Events: To draw and write about important events
• Timeline: Cut and paste events from Amelia Earhart’s life
• Word search
• Color pages
• and more…
MORE EDUCATIONAL TOOLS
Oftentimes, kids enjoy extending the learning with games and hands-on activities. Here are some aviation-themed resources you may enjoy. You should be able to find them at your local department store. If not, you can purchase them on Amazon by clicking the images below.